As a member of Health First Colorado, you have rights and responsibilities.
You have the right to:
- Get the information in this handbook and about your coverage, plans, benefits and services.
- Be treated with respect and consideration for your privacy and dignity.
- Get information in a way you can easily understand.
- Get information from your provider about treatment choices for your health condition.
- Be involved in all decisions about your health care and say “no” to any treatment offered.
- Not be secluded or restrained as a punishment or to make things easier for your provider.
- Ask for and get a copy of your medical records and ask that they be changed or corrected.
- Get quality health care services in a timely and coordinated way.
- Use your rights without fear of being treated poorly.
- Any other rights guaranteed by law.
- Be free from discrimination based on race, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, creed, political beliefs, disability or health status.
- Ask your health plan for help if your provider does not offer a service you need because of moral or religious reasons.
You have the responsibility to:
- Understand your rights.
- Follow this Health First Colorado’s (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) handbook.
- Treat other members, your providers and staff with respect.
- Choose a primary care provider and go to HealthFirstColorado.com. Or call 303-839-2120 or 888-367-6557 (State Relay 711) if you want to see a different provider.
- Pay for services you get that are not covered by Health First Colorado.
- Tell your provider and Health First Colorado if you have any changes to your family, income, jobs, other insurance or address.
- Ask questions when you do not understand or want to learn more.
- Tell your provider information they need to care for you, such as your symptoms.
- Take medications as prescribed and tell your provider about side effects or if your medications are not helping.
- Invite people who will be helpful and supportive to you to be included in your treatment.
- Report suspected member or provider fraud or abuse to Member Fraud at 844-475-0444 or Provider Fraud at 855-375-2500. Or go to CO.gov/HCPF/how-reportsuspected-fraud.